Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sustainable Building Advisor Program Info Session 11/1/11
Tuesday, November 1, 2011 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
Join highly skilled professionals and become a Certified Sustainable Building Advisor.
The Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) Program is a 9 month green building certification course that teaches professionals how to apply the fundamental principles of sustainability. The program offers a hands-on approach to sustainability training that challenges participants to recognize and understand problems, identify opportunities and craft innovative solutions in the built environment.
Program participants learn to apply the best practices in building science, resource efficiency and gain a holistic approach for designing, construction and operating commercial and residential buildings.
The SBA Program is offered in San Francisco at the Pacific Energy Center. This information session is hosted in San Jose for professionals living in the South Bay that may be interested in taking the course but were not able to travel to San Francisco for past evening information sessions. The 9-month program will begin on November 4 and will be hoated in San Francisco 2 days per month. This information session will take place 2 days before the class begins.
Earn 100 AIA Learning Units and USGBC approved Continuing Education Credits. The Sustainable Building Advisor Institute is a 400 Level Mastery Education Provider Program with the USGBC.
The course provides participants with the tools to:
- Identify and articulate key sustainable building practices.
- Apply LEED, GreenPoint Rated and the Living Building Challenge.
- Reduce the long-term costs and liability for owners, operators and tenants.
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures.
- Improve the environmental, social, and economic viability of the region.
- Enhance your career with this comprehensive and in-depth training program.
- Participate in engaging content, hands-on exercise, and project tours.
- Improve a building’s performance.
- Develop a long-lasting professional community.
Attend the next free information session for the Sustainable Building Advisor Program and learn about the course from instructors and graduates.
For more information visit: www.BayAreaSBA.org
When & Where
Sustainable Building Advisor Program
The Sustainable Building Advisor Program is a comprehensive certification course designed to provide participants with the knowledge, tools and strategies to implement green building projects.